Let me give you a timeline, keep in mind that my trip is scheduled for 6/25/21 11:59pm:
* We applied for daughter’s passport on 5/19/21 and paid for expedited service and shipping
* As of 6/21/21 website showed as “Processing”.
* I contacted my US Representative for assistance on 6/17/21. Here’s a website to locate who your rep is : https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative
* An assistant to the rep asked me (on 6/17/21)to fill out a Privacy Act Authorization Form to send out to US National Passport Center to hurry them up. They didn’t do anything
*Unfortunately, the Passport Center was closed on 6/18 (Juneteenth) and the assistant was off and returned on 6/23
* I called the Rep on 6/23 and I don’t know who she called but they printed my daughter’s passport that very moment.
*It shipped on 6/24 and arrived this morning (6/25) via UPS Next Day Air.
If you are in a similar situation, contact your Congress Representative. They can help! They can hurry them up. Don;t lose your trip. It worked for me. I am now packing to leave in a few hours (: