Hi, How Can We Help You?

How long have you been waiting?

How long have you been waiting?

Home Forums COVID-19 How long have you been waiting?

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    rxr3640
    Participant

Let me give you a timeline, keep in mind that my trip is scheduled for 6/25/21 11:59pm:

* We applied for daughter’s passport on 5/19/21 and paid for expedited service and shipping
    * As of 6/21/21 website showed as “Processing”.
    * I contacted my US Representative for assistance on 6/17/21. Here’s a website to locate who your rep is : https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative
    * An assistant to the rep asked me (on 6/17/21)to fill out a Privacy Act Authorization Form to send out to US National Passport Center to hurry them up. They didn’t do anything
    *Unfortunately, the Passport Center was closed on 6/18 (Juneteenth) and the assistant was off and returned on 6/23
    * I called the Rep on 6/23 and I don’t know who she called but they printed my daughter’s passport that very moment.
    *It shipped on 6/24 and arrived this morning (6/25) via UPS Next Day Air.

If you are in a similar situation, contact your Congress Representative. They can help! They can hurry them up. Don;t lose your trip. It worked for me. I am now packing to leave in a few hours (:

dhm37md
    Participant

Good news! Paid for expedited service and mailing… sent off application on June 9th, says it started processing on June 15, now says application approved and should arrive by 7/07/21. So, from the time it mailed, it took exactly 28 days. Hope this helps!

kaetlyncrna
    Participant

I applied for routine renewal May 12, my application was received on May 15 at the National Passport Center. I requested it to be upgraded to expedited on June 28 as a trip I was taking was going to require an extra visa. On July 27, it had not been upgraded so I contacted my Congressman office to see if they could make an inquiry and speed things up. Once they got involved, it was less than a week and I now have my passport as of August 10. Based on what is going on with the agencies, I have no doubt that had my Congressman not gotten involved, that I could be still waiting a while. I would recommend spending the extra money to apply expedited to begin with.

CivilServant
    Participant

I pre-registered for the online passport renewal portal for government employees. Once it’s been tested out, it is supposed to go public. I sent in my application online on June 10th. I received confirmation and in process emails the same day and my credit card was also charged the same day.

As of today, it still says, “In Process” but I’ll try to update you when the status changes.

By the way, the online process was a breeze. It took me about 5 minutes. Most of that was going through the digital photo tool. My photo was taken with my iPhone.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by CivilServant.
    WaitPass
    Participant

Submitted regular online adult passport renewal the night of Oct 24th 2022. The ACH transfer for payment didn’t clear for another day. Not sure if one is put in a que before the money is actually in their hands.

It is December 8th and it still says pending on the website. It is about 44 days waiting so far..

kdowdell
    Participant

Submitted !st time adult passport at my local Post Office on Nov.18,2022. They received and began processing it on Nov 22,2022. I checked every day to see what was happening with it and on Dec 23,2022 the website stated that it was approved and that i should receive it about Dec 28,2022. I have actually received it on Dec 28,2022 so it was a total of 40 days from the time i submitted until i received in my hands.

I used the new Online Passport Renewal on October 31, and still it shows that my application is “in process”. My trip is on Jan 12. I have been waiting 9 weeks for my passport. I paid for next-day air for my shipping of the passport, but I didn’t pay for expedited processing, because I figured I would get it on the 9th week or before. However, I did not and now I am calling the passport line all the time – 1-877-487-2778 and they have no more information than what is on the online system for me. Since someone else on the forum suggested contacting my US representative. I did and they immediately emailed me the form for privacy release. They contacted the agency today – Jan 4. And hopefully something will happen this week. I will update when I get my passport.
    I have been very frustrated with the lack of more details about how long it will take.

I finally have my passport – 10 weeks after I applied online. My status said “in process” the entire time. After the US representative’s office called in, they found out that my passport was approved and was being printed.
    In the meantime, I had continued to call the passport information line at 1-877-487-2778 and finally got an appointment with my local passport agency. I was about to go there on Monday, January 9, if they had not already gotten shipping labels started for my passport. My shipping label was printed on Friday at 5:10 – but didn’t leave the passport agency until Monday.

Since I had paid for expedited shipping, once the weekend was over, my passport was picked up by UPS and got to me the next day – today Tuesday Jan 10. I applied on October 31 – Too long of a wait and too stressful –
    Keep calling the passport line and asking for appointments if you need your passport sooner than they are doing it. And call your US representative or US Senator because their offices seem to get more information than we can. Just keep trying and you can get it.

jwsm
    Participant

Adult renewal, routine service

Application mailed: Jan 31(by Priority Mail)
    Application received: Feb 6
    Locator number: 75(St. Albans, VT)

Status changes:

Feb 6: “In Process”
    Mar 20: “Shipped”(by Priority Mail with tracking number)

Exactly six weeks – not bad at all for routine service!

New passport received Mar 22.

Tanko
    Participant

I have been waiting for my Passport for 6 months.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.