Hi, How Can We Help You?

Reply To: How long did you wait for expedited?

Reply To: How long did you wait for expedited?

Home Forums COVID-19 How long did you wait for expedited? Reply To: How long did you wait for expedited?

jv
Participant

Hi everyone, thought I’d share my experience renewing my passport to help alleviate some anxiety.

– Application sent out 6/18 to the Pennsylvania facility from Kendall County, IL. Photo taken and application was looked over by a post office worker. Requested expedited service.
– Arrived 6/22, check cashed and went into processing 6/23
– Passport received 7/19, from the processing facility in Arkansas (apparently this facility gets passports processed really fast)

A few things to note:

– According to the official status page, my application is still ‘in process’ even though I have the new one in hand.
– Just out of curiosity I wanted to see if I could get an appointment somewhere in the midwest. I was able to make an appointment (now canceled) for the Minneapolis processing location at around 6am several days in a row.
– Informed delivery lets you know approximate date passport will be delivered, some USPS locations allow you to pick up the package before its delivered.

Best of luck to everyone.