How long did you wait for expedited?

Home Forums COVID-19 How long did you wait for expedited?

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    missingtravel
    Participant

How long did you wait for the expedited passport to arrive in your home? And, from what milestone do you start counting the days? From when they cashed the check? Extremely frustrating as I have a trip planned on the 19th and it’s still “processing.”

nycchap
    Participant

Submitted at Post Office expedited on 5/12, with a money order. Went into processing on 5/15. Still waiting. It’s best to assume it could take up to 6 weeks. I had to cancel my ticket for early June.

missingtravel
    Participant

Thank you for sharing. I am sorry you had to move your travel. On this website they are saying just under 14 days for expedited. Not sure how they are counting.

My check I had mailed through one of the expediting services was cashed on June 2nd, and so far it’s still “processing.”

nycchap
    Participant

Yes, it’s a wonder to me how they are calculating average time of 14 days. I’ve waited 29 days so far. If the average is 14, then some people are even getting their expedited passports in 5-7 days!?

username
    Participant

The only thing that would make that timeframe make sense is if they are counting people who get a walk in appointment and get their passport in no time. If they’re doing that, I hope they stop so we can see a more realistic number.

My expiated passport arrived in their system May 18, and it still says “in progress” so 24 days and counting.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.