Hi, How Can We Help You?

How long did you wait for expedited?

How long did you wait for expedited?

Home Forums COVID-19 How long did you wait for expedited?

• This topic has 52 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 8 months ago by missingtravel.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    wannagetaway
    Participant

I am going away in October, just realized my passport was expired. Just filled out the form, got a new picture and mailed it overnight with return overnight (expedited of course) They are saying up to 12 weeks for the renewal, should i cancel my trip to Ireland?

nycchap
    Participant

You should get it in 2 months. If you don’t get it by Sep 10th, write to your local Congressman and have their office call the passport center.

bmck
    Participant

I took the advice from others and contacted my local Congressman’s office. The staff was incredibly helpful. Our passports arrived a few days later and the date of issue on the passports was the day after I contacted the office. Our passports had been stuck in processing since early June and in fact the government website still shows that they are “being processed at the government facility” which happens to be in Philadelphia. I hope this help others. Best of luck to you.

shipdecksurvivor
    Participant

July 13th, applied for expedited at RNO post office and was shipped off to SFO (17 dollar 1-2 shipping fee applied. It has only taken 4 days for it to become “in processing” so I am hopeful it will arrive in time before my trip on the 30th of august.

jv
    Participant

Hi everyone, thought I’d share my experience renewing my passport to help alleviate some anxiety.

– Application sent out 6/18 to the Pennsylvania facility from Kendall County, IL. Photo taken and application was looked over by a post office worker. Requested expedited service.
    – Arrived 6/22, check cashed and went into processing 6/23
    – Passport received 7/19, from the processing facility in Arkansas (apparently this facility gets passports processed really fast)

A few things to note:

– According to the official status page, my application is still ‘in process’ even though I have the new one in hand.
    – Just out of curiosity I wanted to see if I could get an appointment somewhere in the midwest. I was able to make an appointment (now canceled) for the Minneapolis processing location at around 6am several days in a row.
    – Informed delivery lets you know approximate date passport will be delivered, some USPS locations allow you to pick up the package before its delivered.

Best of luck to everyone.

LAnashville
    Participant

I sent my passport out today for expedited renewal. The 3rd party agency I’m using told me their average wait time right now is currently 6 1/2 weeks in total (mailing + processing).

nycchap
    Participant

Hi, can people please let me know how soon after receiving the passport did you receive your original documents back? I received my passport expedited on 7/11 but am yet to receive my citizenship certificate back from the State Department.
    Please advise.

ancienalma
    Participant

Hope this helps;
    CA Resident, First time adult passport
    06/21/2021: Applied at post office
    06/29/2021: Received Email Processing
    08/03/2021: Received Passport In Mail

GrmnGal
    Participant

Sent passport renewal application on 7/8/21 ( expedited) – arrived in Philadelphia 7/12 – check cashed 7/14.
    Sat in processing status for 2 weeks – I called ( 2 hr hold ) to switch to Expedited shipping on 7/28 ( Representative sent me a Template to fill out with Credit card # and to send in to them ) Today ( 8/5) the status states it has been shipped yesterday and to expect it by 8/10 .. so not bad – if I do receive it on the 10th, it will have been 4.5 weeks from when I mailed it.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by GrmnGal.
    GrmnGal
    Participant

Update:

Sent passport renewal application on 7/8/21 ( expedited) – arrived in Philadelphia 7/12 – check cashed 7/14.
    Sat in processing status for 2 weeks – I called ( 2 hr hold ) to switch to Expedited shipping on 7/28 ( Representative sent me a Template to fill out with Credit card # and to send in to them ) Today ( 8/5) the status states it has been shipped yesterday and to expect it by 8/10 .. so not bad – if I do receive it on the 10th, it will have been 4.5 weeks from when I mailed it.

*** Received the Passport on 8/7/21 – and it came from the KY Passport Facility ***

buali94
    Participant

Hi everyone I submitted my passport application on 8/10/21. I paid the expedited fee and also submitted a lost application about two weeks prior so I will keep you guys updated. I have travel plans on 10/09/21.

buali94
    Participant

QUICK UPDATE: My application was processed on 8/13 and it is being reviewed

Boost
    Participant

Here is a quick break down from beginning to end for an adult renewal for my wife and I. keep in mind we payed for both expedited service and 1-2 day shipping.

-July 22nd we shipped all documentation and money order to Philadelphia expedited agency from California. if possible pay the extra money to have it delivered in three days and follow shipment with tracking number.
    -July 26th both of documentation was received at passport agency.
    -July 28th both of our applications showed in process.
    -August 24th both applications were approved.
    -August 25th both applications were shipped.
    -August 26th both applications in transit for delivery to our house.

from beginning to end it took 24 business days to get our passport back and that was with paying for expedited fees and 1-2 day shipping. If you have any questions feel free to ask and I hope ill have an answer for you. I was a bit stressed that we were not going to get them on time as we have a trip to Cancun in mid September. I hope this post gives some of you piece of mind.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Boost.
    Boost
    Participant

Here is a quick break down from beginning to end time frame on how long it took to get my Passport back. Please keep in mind that this was for a renewal and I payed $60 for the expedited service and $17.56 for the 1-2 day shipping.

-July 22nd all documentation was shipped from California via USPS to the Philadelphia expedited agency, I payed for three day shipping and received a tracking number to follow my shipment.
    -July 26th documents were delivered to passport agency.
    -July 28th application showed In process.
    -August 24th application was approved.
    -August 25th application was shipped via USPS with 1-2 day delivery.
    -August 26th USPS website shows my passport will be delivered before 6PM

From beginning to end it took a total of 24 business days to get my passport back. I was a bit stressed thinking I was not going to get my Passport on time as my wife and I have a trip to Cancun in 2.5 weeks but everything fell into place. I hope this post brings some of you piece of mind and if anyone has questions please feel free to ask and I’ll try to answer as best as I can. Good luck you all.

tpring
    Participant

Here is my breakdown of my expedited renewal from beginning to now:

July 27 – overnighted my passport from Maine to Philadelphia
    July 29 – the tracking number had marked as arrived
    July 30 – the check cleared my bank and the status showed up as processing
    Aug 26 – status changed to approved
    Aug 27 – status changed to shipped and they gave me UPS tracking number that says it will be delivered tomorrow (Aug 30) by 10:30 I will update tomorrow when I have it in hand. (I paid for two day shipping back to me)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.