Hi, How Can We Help You?

How long have you been waiting?

How long have you been waiting?

Home Forums COVID-19 How long have you been waiting?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    nycchap
    Participant

I am in the same situation as you, applied expedited overnight on 5/11 and it went into processing on 5/15. Still waiting and I was supposed to fly out today. I had lost my previous passport so had to file expedited for a new one.
    It’s been 3.5 weeks, still waiting.

cynthiahume
    Participant

I applied expedited 5-5, check cleared 5-12, and still in processing. Cant get an appointment, can’t speak to anyone, and am sitting here waiting. We leave in 5 days, 3 business days… I don’t see it happening. 🙁

nycchap
    Participant

Sorry to hear. Please update the forum when you receive your passport, so we can be hopeful of a similar waiting period.
    I am not sure how the forum is showing 14 days average processing time, when some of us have been waiting for 25+ days. For the average to be 14 days, some people have to be getting their passports in 7 days, which does not seem possible!

jrisco
    Participant

I am in a nearly identical situation. Mailed on 5/10, received by office 5/12, In Process 5/15. Trip is 6/11. I paid for expedited service and return.

hramp
    Participant

Just out of curiosity, does the 14 days include weekends or business days?

We are in the same boat! we sent mine back in March it took them 6 weeks to process it and tell us there was an error on the form. We then filled it out again and had to expedite it this time, we were 5 weeks from our trip and they said expedited are for people who are traveling in 4-6 weeks! (sent March 10- arrived March 13- went into processing on March 18) We leave for our trip the 19th and the passport guy I spoke to was so rude yesterday. I will keep everyone updated!

cichy106
    Participant

I chose routine service: 10-12 weeks.
    Applied for a new minor passport at a post office on 03/19/21.
    Online status says that application was received on 04/20/21 (the check was also cleared on that day).
    Status as of today: still “in process”…
    I called the info line to see if I can get any more info. After waiting for 3h… they’re only able to say that it does not seem any additional info/clarification on submitted documents was requested.
    Sitting on pins and needles here…

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by cichy106.
    cynthiahume
    Participant

Update, a week prior to travel we had no passport. I reached out to my congressman’s office. They were able to help me get the passport in time, overnighted 5 hours before we needed to leave for the airport. I can’t guarantee it will work, but I saw this was the only help I could get and went for it. I am in Nor CA and have huge gratitude to my congressman’s aide! They have a special congressional passport line they can call but it takes time.

mahdi
    Participant

@jmachockey9, My timeline is similar to yours (with 15 days delay). Have you received your passport, or is there any change in your application status?

cichy106
    Participant

There was an update on June 15th about passport processing times. Have a look yourselves…

j3nn7f3r
    Participant

Can anyone tell me what time of the day they received status update emails from the Passport Status website?

username
    Participant

Hey j3nn7f3r! I got my latest one at like 9 or 10pm (eastern time)

cichy106
    Participant

@j3nn7f3r I received update at 5:15 PM EST.

anders19421
    Participant

Has anyone filed expedited the last few weeks? What has been your experience? Filed for a infant passport last Friday. We have a trip booked for 7th of august. Really hope we will have the passport by then. Is that realistic?

nycchap
    Participant

It’s currently taking 5 weeks for some people that filed expedited. Ideally, you should get it, but if you don’t get it by the beginning of the last week of July, reach out to your local Congressman. A call from the Congressman’s office should most definitely get your passport approved immediately.

jwalker122
    Participant

I don’t know who manages this site but they should really display more accurate numbers. We applied for our renewal passports almost 6 weeks ago and paid for expedited processing. Two weeks ago it still said processing so we contacted our senator and congressman. Both told us this would not be a problem and there was plenty of time to get our passport. As of today we are still processing.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.